Friday 3 November 2017

Arem-arem

Arem -arem..

I cooked arem-arem for the first time when I was in Tokyo at winter. Even though it was so cold, we were very exciting for having picnic in front of Hagiyama station. The three of us , together....

Second time, when I was in JB, wherever we went for picnic , arem2 is one of our favourite menu, especially when we went to Leg**and theme park. And it become our little one favourite lunch , we enjoyed every bite of it. The four of us, together...

Third time, now in Indonesia where it's belong. It's my family favourite breakfast and my family favourite picnic menu as well. It's our comfort food especially in the cold morning day.

Banana leaf is not easy to find whether at Tokyo or JB. So , sometimes I wrapped it up with aluminium foil. Nevertheless, banana leaf is the best wrapper for arem-arem. So I go  crazy here crafting the arem-arem, because it's easier to find banana leaf 😍

So many kind type of arem-arem here in Indonesia ,  but our favorite is vegetables mixed meat.

Well, I love to cooked, baked and eat. Whenever I do it, I feel  happy relieved and strong...
Especially when my lovely family enjoyed my food.
I just enjoyed it...
Not because I'm the best wife , or best mom or best woman... because I'm not...
I just enjoyed it....
And I'm dedicated it to our family for sure....

I share my food photograph just for my documentary, not for show off, I hope 😅...
hehe I don't know, maybe it's a llittle, at least it's for me  to admired my masterpiece 🤣

It's suddenly cropped up off my mind, that I feel  uneasy, when one day , one of my friends asked me , "So now, what are you doing here? I think you just being sweet nice housewife ,  do nothing and just wait at home nicely and happily...  "
Oh no... I just speechless 🤔
You know, I don't need to explain anything, because as mom we know for sure how big our responsibility , right ? And I know there is no mommy in this world who just sitting around and do nothing...
Go fighting mom's, do your own businesses and do your best.

Here,
I want to share my happiness through my favourite recipe

Arem-arem

Rice (ncc)

uncooked rice 600gr
Coconut milk 1200ml
Salt 1 tsp
Sugar 1tsp
Serai 1, smashed
Bay leaf 1
Butter / margarine 1tbp

How to make :
1. Boiled coconut milk and spices
2. Put the rice into boiled coconut milk, wait until the rice absorbed all of the coconut milk.
3. Put the butter into rice, close it with the lid, so there won't be dry rice.

FILLING :
Vegetable Oil  2 tbs
Minced meat chicken/beef  250 gr
Cube minced carrot  100 gr
Green bean / Buncis   50 gr, slice nicely
Salam leaves  2 pieces
Gelangal/laos  2 cm
Indonesian brown sugar / gula jawa  2 tbs
Coconut milk 300vml
Red chilli 2 pieces
Salt   1/4 tsp

Grinded nicely:
Shallot 3
Garlic 2
Red chilli  3

How to make
1. Heat the oil, pan fried grinded spices until smell nicely , put on bay leaf and galangal until cooked nicely  .
2. Added brown sugar and meat, cooked until meat change it colour.
3. Add coconut oil into the pan until it done.
4. Put 2 tbs of rice on the top of banana leaf. Then , put 2 tsp of filling on the top of it. Rolled it, and pinned it nicely with sharpened end tusuk gigi or lidi.
5. Steamed until cooked with the boiled water.

No comments:

Post a Comment